Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Big Move

So Alaric and I have been discussing him and I moving in together for awhile now. Although my first thoughts are always elated and happy, I made sure to think through this decision this time. No relationship is ever perfect, or even near perfect...but in an odd oxymoron kind of way I believe our relationship is very near perfect. What more could you ask for from a relationship than one that is forgiving, kind, loyal, and amazing. He's the sweetest man I've ever met. Our relationship has been a roller coaster of ups and downs, we've been through so much together...and have grown up together. I've seen myself mature more, and I've seen him mature more and it's an amazing feeling knowing that while I'm still learning and still making mistakes I still have someone by my side who will always forgive my mistakes and care for me. We've both heard it from others "you're too young, go out and date". My first thought to that is...why? I've already found someone who makes me feel incredible, who makes me strive to be a better person. I guess all I have to say to myself now is I know I am ready, and we are ready because we can go through what we've been through and still look at each other like it's the very first time we met...like that very first date where he left me giggly and smiling ear to ear. Obviously there is a whole lot more to that like we've both grown up so much and learned so much, and we've both learned not to take what you have for granted. I've learned that while that one tiny thing we're fighting about might seem like the biggest thing ever, and is worth all the fighting at the time...it never is...ever. I can't wait to start my life with him, and I think an entire chapter is about to start in my life and for our relationship and I'm ready to dive in and make the best of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment